Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Lisa Hopkins


In continuing the discussion of relationships that impact me, I bring you Lisa Hopkins.  We are know her.  We all respect her.  Today, she celebrates 12 years with the Houstonian.  Can you even imagine Lisa Hopkins as a novice?  Green?  Timid?   No way and impossible to conceive.  Over time, she has impacted hundreds if not thousands of memories and strikes me as a person who never gets bored and continually challenges the status quo. The one thing I admire in any person is progressive thinking.


I think I met Lisa in late 2004 when she was still President of the NACE Houston chapter.  I think that it was a luncheon at the Warwick.  (I could be completely mistaken).  There was an immediate connection and one that grew into professional dynamics as we sat on the board together.  I remember her asking me to take on the lead of education programming as a very young, very new NACE member. She has a knack of seeing people's strength and embraces them.


Lisa is instrumentally great in so many things she does.  From laying down the foundation for student chapters to effortlessly "working" a room at a networking event.  I don't think any of us could imagine the Houston market without her.  I certainty can't imagine not having her in my professional corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment